If your resolutions are getting outta control (there’s only so much organizing, fitness scheduling and healthy eating one person can do), then maybe it’s time to add one to your list that’s not so daunting. We’ve got an easy one for you: Resolve to get your most gorge hair in 2017 by simply swapping out your old stuff with new products and tools. To make it practically effortless, we’ve gone ahead and found the latest products in next-level hair for you below (think of it as our gift to you). We guarantee this is one resolution you’ll be happy you made. So go ahead — check out these hair-savers, and you can thank us later.
1. Eufora Smooth’n Oil Therapy ($27): If you’ve got frizz, then you know that getting rid of it isn’t an easy task. This frizz-fighting oil will unwind your curls, by working at the root. The grease-free, moisturizing formula is rich in antioxidants and soybean extracts that keep humidity out by sealing in the cuticle for a smoother, healthier shine in 2017.
2. Night Pillow ($150): Ok so this isn’t your typical hair product, but changing up your pillow to this silk number might solve your bedhead problems forever. The silky cover — made with 95 percent mulberry silk (sourced from wedding couture gown suppliers) and 5 percent spandex — takes the wrapping-your-hair-in-a-silk-scarf trick to the next level. The material treats hair delicately, by retaining essential oils and thus preventing breakage, so your two-day old blowout looks brand new (hey, we’ll never tell). Chic hair while you sleep? Right this way, 2017.
3. Drybar Double Standard Cleansing Conditioning Foam ($28): Take your shampoo to another level in 2017, with this innovative gel-foam formula that uses volcanic ash to lift environmental toxins from strands. Bonus: If you’ve got fine hair, go ahead and skip conditioner; raspberry seed extract and honey help to keep tresses from getting dry without weighing cuticles down.
4. Redken Color Extend Rich Recovery Protective Treatment ($18): If you spent most of 2016 in the chair refreshing your color, it’s time to look at what you’re doing at home. Choose color-safe formulas that will protect your hair from fading and let you eek out more time between appointments. This one is a luxe cream-gel conditioner that has cranberry oil for a vibrant hue, UV filters to keep damaging rays away, ceramides to strengthen weak strands and a proprietary complex that holds color longer.
5. Amika Polished Perfection Straightening Brush ($120): If you’re a flatiron addict, then you know the long-term side effects of using it — namely, broken strands, heat damage and thirsty hair. Thankfully, this thermal brush, which ingeniously fuses a straightener with cooling bristles, makes those effects practically obsolete. It delivers negative ions while brushing through hair to lock in moisture and give you super-shiny, smooth strands minus flyaways. See ya, flatiron, we got a new friend for the new year!
6. Mizani Scalp Care Shampoo ($19): If a flaky scalp is def one of those things you’d like to leave behind in 2016, then you need a shampoo with pyrithione zinc (the go-to ingredient for clearing up flakes). This one takes the icky smell and medicinal feeling away from traditional dandruff cleansers: Infused with cooling cucumber and moisturizing peppermint oil, the best part is that it adds a bit of zing to your boring morning shower.
7. Christophe Robin Pre-Curved Blowdry Hair Brush ($94): On your list for 2017? Upgrade your blowout brush to one that keeps your strands from snapping and speeds up your drying time. This one, made by French artisans, has a wood base and 12 rows of 100 percent natural boar bristles, so tresses move through it easily and dry faster with sleek shine.
8. John Frieda Luxurious Volume Perfectly Full Mousse ($6): If your hair is flat and fine, make 2017 the year your hair reaches new heights. This best-selling mousse has a new look and formula; caffeine extracts and specialized polymers lift up strands to three times their size, while panthenol blocks out volume-busting humidity, so hair stays bigger, longer.
Looking for more hair inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.